View Single Post
Old 11-06-14, 09:14 AM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
well poo I overslept this morning, alarm went off at 5 AM but the next thing I knew it was 6:25! I'm currently on my 16th straight week of commuting without missing a day (or a round trip, as it were) so I drove to work with the bike on the car, will ride home and then back tomorrow morning. That will be over 1,000 commuting miles since the last time I missed a commute back in mid-July.

Tuesday's ride home was nice, with a slight detour to vote. I walked up in there helmet still on and everything. I'm sure some people thought I looked weird. What was weird is that I had a tail wind most of the way home, but then right before I turned into my neighborhood the wind suddenly shifted from the south to the northwest. Sucked because it really slowed me down while coming down a hill, before the slight uphill into the neighborhood.

Wednesday I always drive to work, and a good thing too because we had non-stop rain for nearly 18 hours straight yesterday.

A little cooler today and tomorrow than it was on Tuesday, planning to use a long sleeve jersey this time instead of short sleeve with arm warmers like I've been doing. I also brought in tomorrow's clothes and left the trunk bag at home, as I wanted to go "lightweight" on the bike for a change.