Old 11-07-14, 09:30 AM
KenshiBiker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
. . . bring your head down and to the side rather than looking straight at people. That will reposition the light beam, then you can bring your eyes back up and to the the trail so you can see where you're going.
This is what I do with my helmet-mounted light (I also cover my bar light with my hand). It generally works out OK, except for those rare times when I've got walkers/runners on both sides of the trail (yeah I know they're only supposed to be on one side, but that's a different problem), or a walker on one side and an oncoming biker on the other; then I just try to keep my head pointed down as much as possible.

Edit: I do not have a 3200-lumen helmet light. If the ad copy is to be believed, I think mine is about 1200 lumens max, but on the unlit MUP I find the low or medium setting more than enough to light up the wildlife, upcoming turns, "road" hazards, etc. Once I'm back on the streets I generally turn it up a notch or two so I can use it to "light up" inattentive drivers. My handlebar light is rated at 650 lumens, but that too I generally run at low or medium on the MUP; once I get on the streets, it goes into "look at me" strobe mode, and sometimes up to max brightness as well.

Last edited by KenshiBiker; 11-07-14 at 09:35 AM.