Mark Stone
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I don't see how you can properly aim a light so intense. It sounds nearly impossible. I also don't see how such a bright light is more useful than something that is moderately bright. I started a thread about this a few weeks ago. Basically, the American attitude is more is better, even more is even better, and even more than that is even better. But life isn't like that. There are points of diminishing returns. Adding more light is not only not useful, it is detrimental. When you learned that 60 psi in your tires was better than 20 psi, did you decide to inflate your tires to 250 psi? I'm guessing not.

It is highly inconsiderate and dangerous to shine thousands of lumens into a person's eyes. No wonder the person cursed you out. You earned it.

The argument of "Hey, it prevented me from being hit, so it's clearly a good thing" is a very poor argument. You could also punch people in their faces and argue the same thing. You have gone way past the point of diminishing returns. Your safety should not come at the cost of everyone else's comfort and convenience. As the anti-smoking activist said, your right to swing your fist stops at my nose.
↑↑↑ This ↑↑↑ Well said Tom