Old 11-08-14, 08:32 PM
mooder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clicking noise coming from the bottom bracket [video]

Hi,

I was riding my Jamis Ventura 2008 that I got used for 360$CA. It wasn't in a very good condition, the cassette was missing a spacer and the headset wasn't correctly adjusted. Now I know why it was so cheap! It seems there is something wrong with the bottom bracket. I was riding the bike and I could hear a clicking noise. I wasn't exactly sure it was the bottom bracket but after adjusting the front derailleur (the chain was making contact on some speeds) it's clear now that the clicking noise comes from the bottom bracket. It only happens if there's enough pressure so if I am not accelerating there's no clicking. In the video I was trying to put as much pressure as I could on the bottom bracket and the clicking noise can be heard easily (it seems to be coming from the left side, I could feel a vibration on that side too). I am surprised my potato phone camera was able to pick that sound so well; it sounds less, it's much more subtle than what you can hear on the video. Still very annoying when you are riding! Wondering where it is coming from, trying not to push too much.

I was planning to grease the bottom bracket but it seems I might also have to change something...! Thought of what it can be?

Here's the link to the video, unfortunately I wasn't able to upload it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yn9pta3rf...11431.mp4?dl=0