incazzare.

Bikes: See sig

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by achoo
Bluntly:

That you don't know where "97%" originates and that you believe it's a "simple fact" both belie your ignorance.

You just blindly believed it.

You're right, actually! I read it on NASA's website and I believed it, because I trust the scientists at NASA and the JPL, and the many scientific organizations they polled for their research. Here, you can read it yourself. Being a non-scientist who understands some science, I choose to trust the vast majority of scientists and not believe conspiracy theories. I do not conduct my own independent climate research, because I lack the skills to do so properly. Call me crazy.

I assume you do not "blindly trust" anything you read, and instead go out and do your own climate research? I wonder how many times you have been to the Arctic and Antarctic to research your theories? I would really love to see your original, peer-reviewed white paper! Please forward it!

(edit: Also, what is your point about the 97% figure? If it is incorrect and has been revised up or down since the paper you mention was published, can you show the actual number? Is it 96%? 98%? It is still the vast majority of scientists, either way. If your point is that scientists can be incorrect, well, of course! That's part of science.)

(edit 2: NASA does not cite the paper your contrary source takes issue with, FYI.)

Last edited by lostarchitect; 11-10-14 at 04:36 PM.