View Single Post
Old 11-10-14, 05:04 PM
achoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tjspiel
You asked if there was any problem with the graphs you showed and I responded.

Look, LOTS of things were different millions of years ago when CO2 levels were that high (if they ever were, the data has a very high margin of error when you go back that far). The major land masses weren't even in the same place. Continents and currents have a huge impact on climate. Nobody has said that CO2 is the only thing that affects climate.

Modern humans have only been around for about 200,000 years for a little perspective.

Yes, when someone posts something that contradicts what 97% of climate scientists agree on, one of the first things I do is check the source.

And yes, when CO2 levels have been between 150 and 280 ppm for the last 800,000 years and now they are up to 400 ppm, I consider that significant.
97% of climate scientists agree with WHAT, exactly?

I've already posted quite a criticism from a past IPCC member about that figure.

It's an empty soundbite.

Going back a billion years or so - showing CO2 up to 7,000 ppm, global average temperatures normally being 10C warmer than now, all go right to the heart of climate alarmism arguments.

Simply posting a graph of temperature and CO2 over the past billion years or so punctures the religious dogma.