Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by pletcgm
I am planning a ~300 mile bicycle tour from around Denali and onto Anchorage next June or July. I already have the transportation from Anchorage to Denali worked out. My issue is storage. Any ideas on where to leave my bicycle transport case and suitcase during the tour? I plan on a 7 day tour, spending a couple of days at Denali. The only thing I have thought of is maybe renting a car for the week, leaving it at the airport to store my case inside it.
Many of us travel with our bicycles in cardboard boxes which we can dispose of when we arrive at our destination ... and we travel with a compact duffle bag rather than a suitcase, which can be folded down to almost nothing and carried in our panniers. Travelling like that means that there is no need for storage.

However, even with cardboard boxes, sometimes it is handy to store them rather than having to hunt down a new cardboard box the day before departure. We usually stay in a hotel near the airport upon arrival in a new place, and we have asked if we can store our boxes there. So far, the hotels we have stayed in have agreed.