Old 11-13-14, 10:56 AM
mrv 
buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 428 Times in 249 Posts
Stripping the paint off an '85 Nishiki frame/fork Sport thingy (about 90% done - the last 10% of the paint is about half the effort)
- braze a second set of bottle bosses; a set of rear rack bosses; a set of front rack bosses; and DT shifter bosses
- powder coat it myself at my local Tech Shop
- build it up with an '80s Shimano 600 group removed from this bike build (I just sold / gave away the black frame and fork from this build....)
- My goal for the Nishiki is to have the only black bit on the bike be the tires - I'd like to get gum hoods, Cambium seat, tan/brown tape. I'm hoping I can fit some pretty fat 700C tires in the frame, which I think was originally 27in wheels.

I've also got a green Raleigh (just powder coated) in the first link above. It's getting built up as a single speed / cruiser that I hope to switch to an IGH later next year - depending on funds. In the mix of photos, it's the black beat up frame, no fork. I had a fork laying around and powdered them both green. Did NOT do a great job of it, but it was my first effort. More photos to follow on that after I get some wheels.

If my wife lets me spend any more money, I'd like to build up a set of Shimano 600 tri color hubs into working wheels for an old race bike I have and love - but not as much as I love my wife! Ha!