Old 11-13-14, 02:38 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlyAlfaRomeo
I put my bibs on, arrange the boys where I know they'll be comfortable and that's the end of that, there's no where for em to go. Set it and forget it.
This ^^^

This thread is crazy, growing like a 'shroom. I started reading it between work project when it had 3 pages, now up to 6 and I gave up. Pages are going up faster than I can read them.

My bottom line, padded bike shorts are underwear, designed to go against your skin. I treat my bike shorts like all other underwear, wear it once and wash it. I do ride without bike shorts from time to time (Levis & Jockeys) typically less than 10 miles. But in my college years I didn't have a car, I'd ride dozens of miles a day in jeans and underoos.

You can do whatever you like, but there is no good reason to wear the undies under your padded shorts.

I'm interested to hear the OP come back with feedback after the first commando ride. Admittedly I felt awkward the first time I went without my undies, but now it's the norm and undies would feel awkward.

Lastly, if you get rubbed raw from riding, thing one to address: remove the tighty whities.