Old 11-13-14, 06:10 PM
zymphad

Bikes: Super Cheap gc3 approved Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
Bicycles have been around for well more than a century now.... with over 0ne billion bicycles in use... in virtually every nation on Earth. Do you really think we need "campaigns to bring more awareness for cycling"**********
Good to know in your little world, conditions for cycling are perfect. Leave this thread if it's all dandy and nothing needs to be done. Leave this thread if you feel a company who benefits from cycling culture doesn't have any stake in promoting cycling culture and making it safer.

I don't think it's OK that every time a cyclist is killed, there is angry response about cyclists running a red light, when said cyclist wasn't breaking road rules. And then NOTHING is done.

I don't think it's OK that every time a driver with road rage beats a cyclist, the response is, cyclist shouldn't be on the road anyway.

I don't think it's OK that every time a cyclist is killed, he's treated as a nuisance and not as a human being. That was a person who was killed, not some trash that needed to be swept off the road.

I don't think it's OK when a drunk kills a cyclist and only gets 18 month sentence.

I don't think when a garbage truck driver kill a cyclist and gets no charges, not even fleeing the scene of a murder.

I don't think it's OK when a cement truck driver overtakes a cyclist and mangles his body and bicycle under his rear wheels and doesn't get any charges either.

I don't think it's OK when someone with a suspended license kills a cyclist and maims his buddy and only pays $1,500 in fines.

I don't think it's OK that everytime I ride I have someone buzzing past me, trying to force me off the road.

I don't think it's OK that the police don't care when drivers are make cycling a dangerous hobby and do nothing about it.

I don't think it's OK that I'm the only person among close friends and family cycle because they think I'm insane to do so, it's too dangerous to ride when there are drivers who think answering a text is more important than not killing a cyclist.

I disagree with you completely, disagree with you vehemently. I couldn't disagree with you any more than I do.

Last edited by zymphad; 11-13-14 at 06:22 PM.