Old 11-14-14, 07:56 PM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by smalltalk
Okay this saddle brand has caught my interest. But I have to ask Jinkster what your riding posture is? We are the same age, but I come from a recumbent background and now trying traditional diamond frame bikes again. My riding position is nearly upright. Even leaning forward 30 degrees is a major strain on my neck.

I went to the ISM website and see there are two saddle categories. All of the saddles mentioned so far in this topic are performance models, that is they're all are relatively narrow. ISM also makes some wider saddles which is what I'd prefer. I live in Southern California, which has an abundance of bike shops. Most shops listed don't even stock ISM saddles, and those that do, only have the performance models in stock.

I am curious as to whether anyone has used any of the Adamo performance oriented models in a more upright riding position...
Wow...somebody asking me a tech question here?

And I don't say that to be a wise butt....I say that so you know to take my words, suggestion and/or advice with a grain of salt becuase I'm a long ways from a know it all! LOL!

That said?...here's what I do know....My trek mountain bike (the one the ISM adamo is on) is set-up so aggressive...and my Giant RB (that has a specialized romin evo saddle) is set up so relaxed?...that they both share the same 36" saddles/38" handlebars height as measured from the ground while being held straight up...and maybe that's why the ISM works on my trek mountain bike...that along with the fact that I spend about 20% of the time "off the saddle and on the pedals" on the mountain bike...but with this new crosstrail hybrid I just purchased?...I don't think the ISM Adamo would work out so swell as it's too narrow and I sit far more upright on it with the saddle at 36"s and the bars at 41"s....and while the stock Targa bodygeometry crosstrail saddle isn't any wider than my romin evo saddle?...it does have a fuller and much broader top profile....so I woukld answer your question with a "NO"...you do not want an aggressive performance saddle for an upright riding position (like I have on this new-to-me crosstrail hybrid...you want something with a nice broad and supportive top suface as the more butt surface that gets supported?...the less pressure sensitized your butt will be and remember...that's JM (very) HO.