Old 11-17-14, 03:44 PM
mdilthey

Bikes: Nature Boy 853 Disc, Pugsley SS

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Leebo
8 lbs, I stand corrected. And amazed. Clothes? Sweater, sleeping bag? Rain coat? cookware? Fill me in please. I love my eno double nest, plus bug net plus tarp.
Clothes:

Wool Shirt x1
Wool Tights x1
Wool Socks x3
Bike Shorts (also wool) x1
Synthetic T-Shirt x1
Fleece Jacket x1
Running Shorts x1
Underwear x1
Raincoat x1

Slept and rode in wool, washed everything whenever I could in lakes, spigots, and the occasional washing machine at family's houses once or thrice. It wasn't as filthy as it sounds, wool is antimicrobial and washes well.

Sleeping bag was a lightweight fleece bag with a nylon shell. Lowest temperature was 40º, slept fine. Sleeping pad was a full-size NeoAir.

Shelter was a hammock with a bugnet and rain fly, weight was 2lbs total.

No cookware. Well, I had a spork. I made lots of hummus wraps, ate a lot of CLIF bars, and lots of other non-perishables and fresh fruit.

Camera was stored in my camelbak, along with some water and tools. Food and additional water was stored in the frame bag and bottle cages. Hammock, sleep clothes, fleece, and air mattress rode in the drybag strapped to the rear rack. Sleeping bag was strapped on to that along with a pair of off-bike shoes.

We climbed Mt. Cadillac, The Pinnacle Trail, The Hurricane Mountain Road, and Mount Greylock. We also visited/rode the Kangamagus Highway, Acadia National Park, the National Seashore in Cape Cod, the Green Mountains and Lake Champlain, The White Mountains National Forest and Mt. Washington. We stayed with family three times, but slept outside. That just let us home-base to explore Cape Cod and Acadia for a few days each, mostly.

Total mileage was 1500, longest day was about 105 miles, and beers consumed in a single evening is also an impressively high number that I don't care to mention.