Old 11-18-14, 11:06 AM
achoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JakiChan
Again, no it's not. There is a range of assumptions, between 20% and 25%, as to human efficiency. With power all you now is the power output by the body. You still are guessing as to the power input into the body to generate that output.

You're assuming that the body is non-adaptive. A common mistake.

I found this very article very interesting when my doctor and I were troubleshooting my plateau:

Adaptive thermogenesis in humans

For example:

The body does a lot of things we don't understand.

We're not talking physics. We're talking biology.
And, of course, you DIDN'T bother answering how fast you normally ride.

Now WHY would that be?

Because you're delusional.

You're spinning excuse after excuse, but when you start out saying you burn 1,000 cal/hour, and to top it all off you then throw in this:

Originally Posted by JakiChan
...If I'm on a "climb" that gets my heart rate to 179, for example (which is my age-approximated HR max), I'm unsteady enough that I'd fall over on a real bike.
You tell us about how you've had all you numbers measured, you pontificate on how the advice you're getting from damn near everyone here can't be right because you're special. Then you throw in something about "age-approximated HR max"?!?!?! Way to toss all your claimed expertise. Do you know what the standard deviation on that number is?

Look it up. You'll learn something.

And the fact that getting your HR up makes you so unstable and unable to balance tells me you ain't all that fit. And that tells me you ain't burning anywhere near 1,000 cal/hour.

So tell us: how fast do you go, on average? 12 mph?

You keep telling everyone here we're all wrong, and you're right. Yet YOU'RE the one not losing weight.