Old 11-22-14, 01:00 AM
John Redcorn

Bikes: Crosstrail Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Horne
I'd like a GPS\mapping device for my bike but they're so expensive ... and smart phones actually do a better job though there's always the battery issue.

I can live without this but it's something I'd like to have.
I've never had the need with the 20ish or less mile rides I do and know in my head every turn but why not a usb power-pack in your bag with a nicely colored charging cable permanently fastened to the frame somehow between bag and mount?

I know my phone if I need it to will do every bit any gps device does and lots more, no way I'm paying big money for a dedicated gps. (got a car gps for christmas 2011, in 2012 snow still on the ground, window smashed, gps gone*)

They make power packs like 6000 or 10000 mah that'd charge something giant like a note, 3 times, or something small like an iphone 5 or less like 6 times.

Charge the power pack from a dynamo even if carrying 3x charges in your bags isn't hardcore enough.

*I had hardwired it into the overhead console, the thief actually took the 30 seconds or more to disconnect the wires instead of half a second of yanking and destroying the overhead console ???

Last edited by John Redcorn; 11-22-14 at 01:10 AM.