View Single Post
Old 11-22-14, 05:49 PM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 2,197 Times in 963 Posts
Originally Posted by daf1009
So...to further this thread a bit...although it seems to be going just fine...how about any "Tales from the Rail Trails?" Interesting/crazy/etc. events that occurred while riding a rail trail...I have several...but...will see what we get before I chime back in...
I'll bite.

Mrs. PB, our Corgi Biscuit (RIP), and I were riding the Northern Rail Trail. Well, Biscuit would run about a mile, then rest in the basket on the front of Mrs. PB's bike for a mile. Biscuit would do this for about 15-20 miles.

The sun had set and I was leading the way about 20 or so feet ahead of my dog and wife. Biscuit was in the basket for a rest. She'd never jump out of the basket. We'd have to stop and lift her out of the basket and put her on the trail.

All of a sudden, about 15 or so feet ahead of me, a large black bear (guessing in the 300-400 range) decided to cross the trail. For some reason the bear didn't hear us and thus hide. Well Biscuit was not about to let that bear come near us, and for the first and only time, jumped out of her basket and chased the bear into the woods! She came trotting back to us where we had stopped.

I've encountered a lot of wildlife on the trail, but that was the best one ever!

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com