2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by chaadster
yeah, I noticed the first link you posted offered 40 lumens for both, which made me think that, at a minimum, the rear rating was off, since almost always when looking at front/rear designs of the same light, the rear is lower rated (presumably due to red lens).
Between Amazon and Deal Extreme there must be 20 different companies selling the same light. And a couple selling something that looks identical, but has different programs. I read the details and, it seems like except three models that are different, the sellers are making up the run times and the lumen ratings. They're all made in the same place, and sold by many names. Just like all the Magicshine copy lights, and every one of the 30 or more tail lights I have used in the last 22 years. I had one favorite years ago, I found 5 brands selling them, I bought one of each to see the difference. Then only difference was one company had different settings.

I found a two setting model of the one we are talking about, a three setting model, and the usb models that Falchoon linked us to.
The other problem is that LED's get brighter every year and we don't know how new the led's are in each light offered, or how hard they are being driven. Maybe some of the different brightness claims are true, but I think not all.