Old 11-27-14, 05:28 PM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26466 Post(s)
Liked 10,424 Times in 7,239 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramona_W
I ate a very small amount of everything and no pie or ice cream as yet. I have my boots laced on and I'm getting ready to head out to work. My stomach is not its happiest but I suspect this is adrenaline and tension rather than a bug. In addition to the excitement of working Thanksgiving/Black Friday, today was the first time the extended family met Lester and I wasn't anticipating the best of behavior from them.

I went with my Army boots tonight because this nineteen-year old guy from the Garden Center and I- I don't know who else if anyone is doing this job- will be staffing the ingress and orderly egress of customers. This will be interesting because the store is open twenty-four hours a day even today and people are allowed to be in the store and shopping although they can't enter the various queues until two hours before a particular product goes on sale. At least I'm going to be outside. They started playing the Christmas muzak on Tuesday and around 5pm yesterday they turned it to about 8x the previous volume. That and the screaming, crying children and the noise from the people arguing- which they do with each other on an ordinary day let alone today- and the sheer volume of bodies would be both energizing and overwhelming.

See you all in about ten hours...
...what could possibly go wrong ? This reminds me of a couple of letters I got from guys in combat zones, still going out on patrols.
Keep your head down, maintain fire discipline, don't let anyone in your group switch to full automatic, and if everything goes to ****, grab a softball bat.