View Single Post
Old 11-28-14, 06:23 PM
atallen223

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattyj
So the ortho didn't give you a specific diagnosis? I recently had a similar issue. (Overtrained, dull pain in my kneepit at first while climbing stairs but now only while riding and only from 20 mins or so on.) Saw a sports medicine doc who couldn't replicate the pain in 20 minutes of pulling, pushing, prodding it. He could only rule out a few things the injury WASN'T, but prescribed some PT, which he explained might have some diagnostic value. And indeed the phys therapist replicated the [pain I get while riding by probing/massaging more deeply into the knee before and after some exercises. She isolated some funkiness in the popliteus muscle deep within the knee, which may not be the ultimate culprit but at least gave us a starting point for something to rehab. This all a long winded way of saying you might try some PT. Also, hang in there, getting an injury properly diagnosed can be difficult and frustrating.
So I went to the doctor and he didn't tell me anything really. He said it wasn't a cartilage or bone problem, but that was it. I went to PT for a while because my podiatrist told me I have loose limited mobility in my ankle, but I didn't get any help from them. I figured out the pain happened on the bike after I ran the day before. So I quit running and I haven't had much trouble since. I wanted amputation, but no doctor would comply... the hacks.