View Single Post
Old 12-01-14, 01:47 PM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by goenrdoug
Wow, so here I am reading this thread, other threads, multiple googled-up results, etc. trying to figure out what to do about the pain on the outside of my right knee (thus far, my uneducated guess is that it's ITBS) and when I asked a much more experienced cycling buddy what he thought I should do, he sent me Nate Loyal's e-mail and phone number.

I think the universe is trying to tell me that Nate and I have a date in the near future.

Thanks for helping drive the message home!
I had mild, chronic knee & back pain all through my 20's, and thought it was just part of life, and part of the challenge. Between my visit to Mr. Loyal, getting a foam roller (they're great for stretching out tight IT bands), and doing yoga, I'm healthier, more pain-free, and even faster (okay the power meter helped with that too) at 45 than I was at 22, when I was getting my @$$ handed to me in the International Class races in Belgium & Holland.
Ah well, live-n-learn! Good luck!