View Single Post
Old 12-02-14, 04:54 PM
Giacomo 1 

Bikes: Colnago Super, Basso Gap, Pogliaghi, Fabio Barecci, Torelli Pista, Miyata 1400A

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
This year, I decided to give track racing a try. I resolved that I would enter at least ten races and come in last every time. I achieved my goal! I think I'll do it again this year, and this time, I'll train more than two or three times. It's still painful. I just can't breathe deeply enough. After a race -- and track races are very short --, I'm gasping for a long time. Obviously, training is in order. Anyway, the folks at the track are awfully nice. Maybe they have pity on this 121 year old slowpoke, but whatever. I'll take whatever kindness I can get. My goal is to do better than last place in every race. Maybe I'll set it even higher than that.

As a result of entering over 12 races, I got upgraded from Cat 5 to Cat 4, on the track only. It sounds pretty fancy that I'm a Cat 4, but getting there was not glamorous.
Don't worry about the results Tom.

You will always win the "Best Dressed Rider" category! You were looking smooth and dapper at Kissena last weekend!