View Single Post
Old 12-02-14, 06:25 PM
skiffrun

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fullcount

Sounds like you you and Skiff are familiar with the Suffolk to Skippers to Suffolk ride. Any idea on how many riders may be on this brevet next March? Should I drive the course to ensure I am familiar with it before hand?
Actually, I am NOT familiar with the course, and I would bet any amount of money at any odds you might quote that Sekhem is also NOT familiar with that course. Inside joke? Maybe. LOL!

One of the Tidewater guys has a Permanent Suffolk to Skippers; it is my understanding that the brevet course and the perm course are the same. If you need to be "sure" of the course before the brevet, do the permanent a month prior.

Unlike "unter...," I have "driven" a course, actually three of them. This past March (or was it early April), I rode along with Raleigh RBA Alan Johnson as he drove his 400k course (which includes the 300 & the 200 along the way); we were checking to make sure everything was okay with the course(s); we did find only 1 bridge that was being re-destructed (in 2013 there were 2 bridges that were out).