Old 12-03-14, 03:16 PM
Team Sarcasm

Bikes: One with square wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
True, but don't forget there are other reasons someone may run a rear mount camera other than to sit around waiting for an event which is extremely unlikely to ever happen.

I've seen some awfully cool ride and race videos with both front and rear cam views; having sync'd auto-pause would be great for matching up files. Same if you wanted to make a trainer video of an actual ride with time appropriate power targets.
I think it would be awesome to have a rear camera snap pictures every 3 seconds during a marathon or race or have it recording slow motion or make a training vid or something. The point of a camera is to record, both the good and the bad. Yes accidents are the big IF, but IF someone rear ends you while you're stopped and takes off/claims it was not their fault, you will feel VERY foolish because it is far too easy to cover that base since you are already 90% of the way there.

And making videos takes a long time as it is. Saving 20-30 minutes is not worth it, to me at least. But that is all I am going to beat this dead horse.

Originally Posted by Gus90
I picked up that Virb at around $100 on Amazon as well, too good to pass up. Don't think the additional features on the elite are worth it at all. I'm just waiting on my dual mount from k-edge to put it on my bike. As for a rear facing mount, k-edge makes one that attaches to your seat rails that seems like it would be a great option. If you ride with a saddle bag, you'd have to ditch it though. I haven't seen anything that mounts to your seat post, that would be a great solution depending on the shape of your post.
Want to send me a PM on how you like the combo mount? I decided on the barfly mount. It works great flipped up like they have it advertised but flipped upside down it gets tangled in the cables. It is not very bad, just enough to slightly push the camera up at the gopro adapter joint. I have not ridden with it but I do think a few bumps may move the camera away from where you actually want it.

After looking at the pictures of the combo mount I think the mount, more or less, places the virb in the same spot and you may be hitting your cables if you have external routing on your handlebars (I have 5700 w/normal external routing bars)