Old 12-03-14, 06:11 PM
Gus90

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Team Sarcasm
I think it would be awesome to have a rear camera snap pictures every 3 seconds during a marathon or race or have it recording slow motion or make a training vid or something. The point of a camera is to record, both the good and the bad. Yes accidents are the big IF, but IF someone rear ends you while you're stopped and takes off/claims it was not their fault, you will feel VERY foolish because it is far too easy to cover that base since you are already 90% of the way there.

And making videos takes a long time as it is. Saving 20-30 minutes is not worth it, to me at least. But that is all I am going to beat this dead horse.

Want to send me a PM on how you like the combo mount? I decided on the barfly mount. It works great flipped up like they have it advertised but flipped upside down it gets tangled in the cables. It is not very bad, just enough to slightly push the camera up at the gopro adapter joint. I have not ridden with it but I do think a few bumps may move the camera away from where you actually want it.

After looking at the pictures of the combo mount I think the mount, more or less, places the virb in the same spot and you may be hitting your cables if you have external routing on your handlebars (I have 5700 w/normal external routing bars)
I don't have the mount yet, should be delivered Friday. My cables are routed under the bar tape...

I think I'm also going to get a new mount for my road bike and do the same, the dual mount should be almost identical to this earlier model K-edge which I wish had the ability to simply mount the camera attachments to that you can by from K-edge for 2nd generation mounts, the original models didn't have a plastic insert which is what the mount screws into....