Old 12-03-14, 11:11 PM
mvkrs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by no1mad
Welcome aboard .

You might take a bit of time and check out the Touring forum and especially the 'sticky' threads at the top of the index page there.
Alright, I sure will! Thank you!

Originally Posted by 10 Wheels
Start with a budget.

Bike $$$
Racks and bags.$$$
Lights.$$$
Camera $$$
Camping or motels $$$
Food $$$

Direction, North, South, West?

http://www.bikeforums.net/touring/98...l#post17360628
My budget is tricky because it's constantly changing/growing. Right now my total budget for the trip would be $1300, but come May that very well could be over $2000. Also, I have no intention of depleting all my budget funds, in fact, I'd really like to minimize my expenses even if I may be able to afford more.

I'll attempt to put together a list of all my possible expenses, but with the little amount I know, it would be very small. For instance, I know I want to bring bike/maintenance tools along but I honestly have no idea which or how much they cost. I also want to minimize my weight during the trip, but I will be bringing along camping gear to minimize expenses at the same time.

I'm not sure where I'll be departing from, but in order to make it a true coast-to-coast experience, I'm thinking Wilmington, NC. I plan on going all the way to San Diego, CA and then turn my route northward to bike the pacific coast until I reach San Francisco. I have a lot to figure out as far as the exact routes, but I'll figure that out a little bit later down the road.