Old 12-04-14, 07:46 PM
bicyclebradley

Bikes: GT Series 1 road racer, Salsa El Mariachi SS MTB, Giant Bowery Fixed Commuter, 84 Centurion Pro Tour 15

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Racktime

So - having sworn to keep it Japanese i wanted Nitto racks for the ProTour... totalling $400 for front and rear. they are beautifully crafted artisan pieces of kit that are truly to be beheld in the light of angels' halos...

Well all that changed today when i happened upon one of my fav shops and they had the RackTime Addit and Topit in the shop.

They are made by Tubus for commuting... sturdy, not super heavy and made by Tubus - a leader in racks and bags... hmmm... starting to look pretty good...

The shop owner raved about them and looking at the reviews on the webbernet they seem to be rock solid racks with very high weight capacities and even the secondary low-mount bar for panniers.

So - for $100 i bought both front and rear and I think i made a good choice. Here they are and i will mount them up after i get the VO Facette Fenders on (sometime soon whenever they show up)... with the remaining $300 i saved i can buy panniers and SPD shoes...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo 1.jpg (94.4 KB, 475 views)
File Type: jpg
photo 2.jpg (96.0 KB, 470 views)