View Single Post
Old 12-05-14, 04:32 AM
tanventure

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smoore
Just thought I'd check into this section for the first time. Turned 65 this July and recovering from a Quintuple bypass that didn't work, about sixteen months ago. All bypasses but one failed within six weeks and now living with four stents in alternate veins. I feel fine but can no longer climb anywhere near as well, but can and do ride three times a week. Always had very high Chol, and never weighed more than 132 my entire life. Did a 25 mile ride the day before the heart attack and felt fine. All that to say.....I'm blessed to be here at 65!

Now riding a LOOK 585 that I picked up as NOS about a year ago and with all DA it is a dream ride.

Didn't ride today but could have at 60 degrees. No question bout it, summer weather in GA is hot and humid, but the winters can bring some very nice days. Enjoy your turkey leftovers but watch the pie.
Great to know you still strong, I never thought it's possible to continue ride three times a week with 4 stents

Wonder how much you ride per week? I turned 70 this Sept., re-started cycling 3 years ago, weekly about 15-20km, some times may go for short trips of 40-50km, but rather slow, 10-15km/hour.

Just wonder how much do our senior fellows ride weekly, any average figures ?

Also I would suggest to have a seperate forum for fifty-plus-50, then under the forum we can have many thread to discuss topics of interests. At the moment everything is under the same thread, which makes it hard to look into different topics.

best