Old 12-08-14, 01:03 PM
Number400

Bikes: Cannondale Slate 105 and T2 tandem, 2008 Scott Addict R4, Raleigh SC drop bar tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It's scary...
I live in a high DUI area. So much so that they have DUI enforcement zones and "High DUI area" road signs. While I can tolerate someone having a beer and socializing for awhile before driving home, I think it is silly to impair yourself in any way and then make the choice to drive. Alcohol impairs judgement and the more one drinks the worse it gets. I have fought with members of my own family to get the car keys away from them. Have you ever tried to reason with a drunk person? No one thinks "Oh, am I a .08 or just .02 before making the decision to drive. With the .08 law, they were pretty much trying to make any drinking and driving difficult (illegal), and I don't disagree completely with that.

For fun, look at the police blotter: http://harrisburgpa.gov/file/2014/04...ecember7th.pdf Lots of public drunkenness and DUI's with one person charged with driving on the sidewalk!

I encourage everyone during the holidays (and every day), to intercept friends, co-workers and family who may not be sober and to help keep them and us safe by keeping them from driving under the influence.

If the police would spend some time and to just be a presence on the street talking to people leaving the bar and heading for the car, it would help to prevent an arrest and tragedies.