Old 12-09-14, 11:30 AM
tattman23

Bikes: Trek 7.4 FX, 80's Raleigh Pursuit 12-speed "Sport-Touring Geometry" with fully functional QuickStand, thanks Raleigh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
How can there be statistics when there are no investigations or records to source.

Until police readily pick up cell phones and examine the call records after crashes, and check a box on a form... there will NOT be what you are asking for. Unlike alcohol, use of the cell phone prior to a collision doesn't leave traces in your blood stream.
Sarcasm Alert (but this topic begs for it);
.. And another thing - If I'm bound by a contract, from say one of those massively altruistic (or maybe just "massive") Telecom companies, and I either get erased by a texting motorist or commit suicide-by-texting in my own vehicle, would the Telco/ISP let me out of the balance owed on the contract, without penalty?
Why is it not "about" Personal Responsibility, Accountability for, or Ownership of, ones' own actions? Like driving used to be (before the insurance co offered a "discount" to drivers willing to install a recording device so they can "call you on it" when you drive badly (and what's the over-under on when THOSE become standard feature in consumer autos?? <eye roll>)), and like bicycling and phone use and life in general for that matter ought to be (or so it seems to me. Wow I truly wrecked that sentence).
Anyway, you own what you do, and Golden Rule your way thru the gray areas. Be watchful out there though - Chivalry might not be dead, but Integrity, doing the right thing when (you think) nobody's lookin', I'm not so sure.