View Single Post
Old 12-10-14, 08:56 AM
chandltp

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro 20, Trek 7000, old Huffy MTB, and a few others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I was only going to be doing trails, I'd had stayed with my trike. It was fun with almost no learning curve. Very stable. The biggest downside was obstacle avoidance and riding on roads with rumble strips on the white line (which meant I had to ride in the lane or straddle the rumble strips). But my feet also had numbness issues (which is why I looked for another recumbent), and I realized I wanted to sit a little higher to see more when I was riding. I rode across a beautiful lake and couldn't see anything but the cement railing on the side of the bridge.

I recently traded a trike for a Giro 20. I like 2 wheels for obstacle avoidance, sitting higher (to see over the side of bridges when I'm riding on them), and my feet don't have numbness issues as much. Time will tell, because I only have about 500 miles on my legs on that bike. The one big downside is balancing at lower speeds, but I'm learning. I figure after a few thousand more miles that will probably resolve itself mostly. My speed went up 2-3 MPH as well.