Old 12-12-14, 12:32 AM
hueyhoolihan

Bikes: 8 ss bikes, 1 5-speed touring bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
Stan's bike is very close to what I design and build for myself. But I would never call it a tourer. It's funny (actually not really but we have to laugh at tragedy) that what was called a club or stage geometry only a couple of decades ago is branded as a tourer now a days. I remember showing up for one of the first club rides in NC (after having moved there in 2000) with a bike that had sew ups abut because I had a bag bigger then a wedge pack being called a tourer (and the tone of voice was almost insulting). It was obvious to me that the guy didn't really know what he was talking about. Who tours with sew ups? Or a single speed for that mater here in NA? Andy.
funny you should mention that.

in the early '80s my first overnight tour was from denver to boulder (not too far). i had sewups and still vividly remember sitting along side of the road with needle and thread (just like it said in the book) trying to sew that damn tire together. until just recently, that one lone experience was enough to make me avoid them. it's been over 30 years now.

but you are right, who in their right mind tour's on tubulars?

Last edited by hueyhoolihan; 12-12-14 at 12:39 AM.