View Single Post
Old 12-13-14, 06:47 PM
whitemax

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
We disagree. If you could give us a real RPM of the spindle of the trainer and some real tire deformation then we could get power if Fluid trainers were constant - ours is not.

My point is who you are is a better power predictor than the all the other variables needed to work through to figure out the power required to turn a power trainer at a certain RPM.
"who I am" may be a predictor of my ability to generate a given level of power; it has nothing to do with the power it takes to move the crank at a certain level of resistance (in this case 53x17) at a certain rpm (in this case 88). Whether it's a machine or a human turning the pedals at that gearing/rpm has no bearing. It takes a x amount of watts to do it; it could take 342 watts for all I know, not 341, not 343. I simply asked for an approximation, i know it won't be exact or perhaps not even within 15 watts. I am well aware of the variables of tire pressure and how tightly the wheel is afixed to the resistance unit. I can't tell you what the "rpm of the spindle of the trainer" is, on rpm of the crank arm.