View Single Post
Old 12-14-14, 08:27 PM
TenSpeedV2

Bikes: Felt TK2, Felt Z5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
So it has a two speed belt drive with a freewheel. Nothing fixed gear about it. Just to clarify.

"The gear train includes Gates CDX CenterTrack carbon belt drive with a rear 22 tooth freewheel sprocket and a 60 tooth front sprocket – greasy chains be gone !!!
I originally was going to have the bike builtas a fixie; however, I decided my old legs need some help, and for a little bit added weight, I decided to use a 2 speed Schlumpf mountain drive gear reduction system. It provides a 2.5 gear reduction system, all integrated into the bottom bracket.
The combination CDX single speed freewheel and Schlumpf drive is what I call a 2 speed fixie, giving two gear ratios without the chain moving between gears, front derailleur, shifter, or cables to maintain or clutter up your bike. You simply shift with a quick heel movement against the push-button axle in the center of the crank arm. The gearing systems use a clutch plate design that won’t slip under power and they require very little maintenance."