View Single Post
Old 12-16-14, 08:16 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 827 Posts
For what it's worth, when I first began commuting I used a duffel bag, bungied to my back rack. But I now use a backpack bungied to the back rack (and worn on my back on my more recent road bike). The reason I went to a backpack on the back rack was the walk to and from the bike at home and at the office. The backpack freed my hands to deal with keys, doors, keypads, etc. When I added a roadbike to my mix, I found it worked, too, although at almost 53, I am considering a rack for that too. At the office I am able to leave shoes, sweaters, a light jacket and a winter coat, toiletries, plus spare socks and undies. I run four bungies from the top of the seatpost to the rear of the rack (two on each side) and just spread them and slip the back pack in. WIth my new backpack purchase, I was able to add a d-clip to each side for extra security although, I have never had a back pack fall. YMMV.