Medic Zero

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ze_zaskar
Hello,

So I have a new job which has nice showers and that is some comfortable 10 miles away from home, mostly through a tarmac B road.
This means I'll be once again commuting by bike.

The thing is, the showers are quite away from where I'll be leaving the bike, so I need to carry the office clothes/shoes from the bike to the showers with me.

Can someone suggest a bag system that is easily detached from the bike while still resisting some rough cobblestone sections?
It's not that much cargo, only a shirt, jeans, shoes, a towel and sometimes a sweater.

I tend to dislike backpacks.

The bike is a Surly LHT with a Tubus Cargo rack and possibly a Brooks B17 saddle (this means saddle loops can be available).

Thanks in advance for any help
A Zimbale or Carradice bag on a quick release bag support is super convenient for me. I replaced the lower buckle strap with a plastic snap one and now with three quick clicks the bag is off the bike and on my shoulder. When I need to carry more than the 17 liter Zimbale saddlebag holds I add an Ortlieb on my rack, because it's waterproof, clicks right on and off in a second, and has a shoulder strap too.