Old 12-16-14, 04:56 PM
Medic Zero

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Andy_K
It's been two hours (almost four now!), where are the pictures?
I left the bike at work! I carry all my daily stuff in a big saddlebag on a saddlebag support, if the seatposts had been the same size, I would've just moved my whole saddle/seatpost/bag support combo over from my commuter bike and ridden the "new" one home, as I was eager to give it a proper ride, but alas they weren't the same size. :/ I didn't even occur to me to snap a pick before I left! But I don't have much brain left after a busy 12 hour shift and the 9 mile hilly ride to get there.

It's just an old hybrid anyway, I've convinced myself that maybe 700C wheels can handle my Clyde self and that it'd be nice to have a lighter* bike with bigger wheels for some days commutes and for longer pleasure rides. It's a GT Nomad, appears to be a '98. I'll end up replacing nearly everything on it, as is my way, but it is a full 4130 frame, which suits me. If I decide I don't like the bigger wheels (all I've ridden for the past 15 years have been 26 inchers) for one reason or another, I'm not out much expense for an old used hybrid, and yet the frame is just the geometry I like and decent quality, so if I do like it, it'll be acceptable.

I was expecting to hear other tales of fellow bicycle addicts and their struggles!

* It won't be a whole lot lighter, but I won't be weighing it down with racks and half dozen lights, which should make a noticeable difference.