robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by bianchi10
Look into Bont vaypor or Bont Vaypor +

Coming from 2 years of riding mainly S works and thinking they were the best shoe bar none for me, I stand corrected after riding both pair of my Bont vaypor +. They have narrow, standard and wide widths available, the entire sole (not just the insole) is moldable (infinite amount of times to get that perfect fit), but the best part of this shoe is the shape of the toe box.

Not saying I have it so you should also, just recommending yiu look into them considering you liked the sworks shoes as did i.
Interesting. I was thinking of some white shoes (I won't get rid of the S-works just yet), and I can get the Bont Vaypor + for about $250 +/- I've heard from some about the comfort, I'm incredibly flatfooted (practically convex), so can't handle much of an arch in any footbed. The thing that always put me off was the appearance of a really fat toebox. Do they look pretty bulbous? I have average width feet.

Originally Posted by bmcphx
I found them to have a substantially better construction quality, made of higher grade materials and have an overall more high end feel, and they feel more solid on the foot as well. I find the closure system to feel more secure, and then the big kicker for me is the speedplay sole which Specialized does not offer at all.

I'll liken it to someone owning a Lexus for 5 years and thinking they had a great car (it is a really good car) and one day upgrading to a Rolls Royce. You could never go back to that (relative) POS Lexus again, right?

also, I usually think @bianchi10 has great taste, but really dude? Bont? those shoes are so hideous, they look like tri shoes from performance bike, even though I know they aren't.
Makes sense, I do have to admit to really liking the looks of the Sidi's, plus when I was a teenager in the early-mid 80's they were essentially made of un-obtaineum. I've also heard that fit can be hit or miss based on the individual's foot (which I understand is the same for all shoes but seem to be a more pronounced criticism of Sidi's). That's why I was wanting to get impressions from those who liked the fit overall of the S-Works. I was toying with the idea of changing to Speedplay but frankly there seems to be no point, my Dura Ace pedals have been flawless for a decade and now that they are wearing down I expect to replace them with the same. Those Wire Vent's sure are sweet looking.

Regardless of Bont or Sidi, my challenge will be ordering and hoping they fit since there is no place within a 2 hour drive for me to demo. Were the sizes for you two the same as your S-Works? 42.5 fits me perfectly in those.