Old 12-18-14, 04:33 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by JakiChan
I've been using Bluetooth earbuds that I use in the gym, the Jaybird Bluebuds X. They could kinda work on the road, but I saw a review of the new wireless Beats that claimed they let in more outside sound on purpose. I know that in general, earbuds and riding aren't the best idea but music through the phone speaker isn't working well. However, having music really helps me ride harder.

So, if you wear earbuds of some sort while riding, especially Bluetooth ones, let me know which ones.
I have both the Jaybirds and Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Headset, the second one is also in the "let in more outside noise" style of headphone.

For lifting weights, using in-place cardio machines, or jogging outside, either one works well. I choose mostly based on what style of sound I'm listening to.

For biking though? The Jaybirds are **far** better. Do not get any of the "lets in outside noise" headphones, they're terrible. Because when biking you're creating wind going past your ears, and anything that doesn't seal means you keep turning the volume way way up to try to overcome the wind noise. If you're concerned about being able to hear, use the Jaybird in one ear but not the other. But "let in outside noise" style of headphones are absolutely awful on the bike. Any gap and the wind is whistling by your ears noisily.