RA13513960
RA13513960

Bikes: Cinelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The old guy quits sadly.

I am now turning 79, and my riding days are finished. I have had to revert to rowing sculls. It was a sad day a few years ago when I knew my legs were gone, and the aches grew worse. I have a wonderful bike that I love, and my son who is a rower wants no part of biking, that was my love. I went into a bike shop in 1985 and told the guy to build me a bike that I would ride the rest of my life after riding others for years. He took a large gray Cinelli frame off the wall and added Shimano Durace components. I put it on my rack, and the next day I rode it 125 miles in a race/ride from Mexicali, Mexico to San Felipe, Mexico. It began a love affair that was only surpassed by my wife an son. It is soooo smooth. I had it repainted Ferarri red about 15 years ago, a top, expensive job, and the bike looks a good as new yet. I paid $1,850 for the package in 85' and have not paid any attention to bike prices since I had no thought of ever buying another one. I have decided that I want to sell it since seeing it sit in my closet makes me want to cry. It belongs on the road with someone who will appreciate it. While I have no pictures, I can only tell you that it is in very good condition, actually I think excellent, but does have a few minor scrapes on it. After all, I rode it a lot. Does anyone have any idea how much it is worth. I don't know anything about the model, etc, if that is an issue. I think the price of the frame was $850 at the time. Where do you think it would be best to list it or whatever. I just can't look at her much longer, too many great rides, friends, many of whom are gone, spills, speeding rides down hills praying I would not hit a rut, etc. She always brought me through. Sorry to muse, but I think you understand.