View Single Post
Old 12-22-14, 09:47 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by JimF22003
35 miles, about 3000 feet of climbing. Of that, 2000 ft was on the very first climb, from the valley up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I rode down off of the parkway on a winding, steep gravel road for about 3 miles before I connected with another paved road, which took me back on down to the river level. That meant about a half hour of mainly descending. It wasn't quite as cold as yesterday, but I went from being comfortably warm on the climb to freezing cold on the descent, especially on my hands. My fingers felt frozen solid.

Bike Ride Profile | 35 miles near Buena Vista | Times and Records | Strava
I know what you mean about the descents. I sweat on the climbs and really feel it on the descents, even with wind vests. Maybe I need to pack some newspaper as well. I don't know if it's all the extra clothes, getting older, weighing more or colder temps but I'm climbing slower than ever!!!!

I bet your views are spectacular and different with the leaves off the trees. I hope the white stuff stays away long enough for you to continue to get in these great rides.