Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 82 Posts
(continued from above)

Fishing boats at sunset:

Those beads of lights on the coastal road is the traffic jam outside Kamakura:

Fading sunlight at Kamakura beach:

Night coming to Enoshima:

The route back to Machida consisted of a mixture of easy to follow big roads and smaller backroads with little traffic. I lost a couple of km of recording after PC3 near Samukawa. Most likely my helmet had touched the Pause button of the GPS when I sat it on the handlebar at the MiniStop convenience store. I didn't notice until near Atsugi, where I unpaused the recording. Since Strava fills in straight line distance for any paused segments (including train rides, where this feature is really annoying!) and the course was fairly straight there, the Strava total wasn't affected much (unlike RideWithGPS, which accepts the GPS unit's distance figure).

Near Machida it was the coldest again, at only 1°C. While I could deal with the cold as such, I think it will drain energy during a brevet where you're working against a time limit and where I'll need to maintain a higher pace than I did on this scenic ride.

With this ride completed, my "century a month" record now stands at 28 months. I am hoping to continue it in the New Year.