Thread: BCA Bike?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-14, 01:40 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by michael payne
This Bca seems to be a pretty decent one. Beside the rusted chain. but seem to have descent parts and alloy not to offal heavy. big bike that's what caught my eye at 1st. What do u all think, are these original part. I gave 10$ for it and the 3 speed black scwhin behind the bca in pics
Like I said in earlier posts I don't know a whole lot about that brand, but unlike the BCA that started the post the one you are referring to appears, note I said appears, to be the usual lower end stuff they sold due to the use of steel seat posts, stem, bars, and rims, however someone replaced the rims, stem and bars with what appears to be aluminum which is good. For $10 (plus the other bike) I think you have a good commuter bike, it will be a bit heavy but as a commuter being left outside at work that bike will be fine. I do think you should caliper the seatpost to get a measurement and replace it with an aluminium one for good measure, and then put some light grease on both the seat post and the inside of the seat tube before putting the new seat post in then simply wipe off the excess grease.