Old 12-25-14, 07:13 PM
Steamer
Zircon Encrusted Tweezers

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Trikin'
Steamer....try riding a trike on a highway with cars and trucks racing by at 120K, see how easy that is
No thanks. But it would still be easier than on a recumbent bike. Try that and see how easy it is.

I've owned five different trikes. After the novelty wore off, all I was left with was an inefficient machine that made it harder to go the places I wanted to go in a reasonable period of time. This is my perspective. I know for sure it's not other peoples. So telling me you have a different opinion or whatever is a straw man.

But, in any case, ease of use is the 'why' for many trikers. I have seen many times, a rider show up at my local recumbent shop, try the bikes, and after 10 minutes they give up totally (after flailing around a bit and sometimes having minor crashes,etc..) They are then shown the trikes, and, in often as little as a minute or two, they are sold on the trike. The typical comment is "Hey, I can ride this!", with a look of relief on their faces. Trikes are good for these people. But bikes might be ok too, or even possibly better, if they had the skill and courage and persistence to give bikes a more serious try.

Last edited by Steamer; 12-25-14 at 07:19 PM.