Old 12-25-14, 07:31 PM
graemesmith
MAMIL

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced 3, Giant Expressway II

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This Xmas and for family reasons I unexpectedly find myself back in Glasgow in Scotland for the first time in 30 years. With my bike in the USA I'm stuck for my morning ride so I set out to persuade my bike tuned legs that running was going to be a good idea. 11 miles of jogging around the city of my childhood later - I was struck by one tradition that has not gone away. Santa clearly brought a lot of new bikes for Xmas this year. The morning was relatively warm - and on every street there was anything from the blade scooter, the "first bike" with training wheels, the upgrades with older kids swooping and swerving on their new mounts and as I ran through the city center - someone on their new road bike.

All had one thing in common. All were initially wobbling around as they mastered their new mounts - at whatever level. And ALL had grim looks of determination on their faces! Took me right back to when I was in the same place over 40 years ago. The smiles as they "got it" were wonderful to see.