View Single Post
Old 12-26-14, 06:23 PM
TheGMan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
working off the Holiday goodies

I started riding after Labor Day when the pool closes and then stopped ~ Halloween when DST began and it was already dark and cold when I got home. So I've been pretty sedentary since then and it was a nice day today. I got on my bike and the first 5 miles of my 13 mile ride felt like I was sprinting up a 45 degree hill. I was huffing and puffing and cursing all the cookies and other carp I've been eating during the Holidays. I was going into a decent headwind, but when I was riding regularly that did not affect me much.

I ended up getting my second wind and finished the ride, but I was a bit slower than usual and definitely a bit more tired. I got home and had lunch and then went out and did it again. It felt good to be exercising again, but was a lot more difficult due to the 1 1/2 months of relative inactivity.

Oh, and some DB buzzed by me within a foot through town when there was nobody coming the other way and he had plenty of room to move over. Normally I am very aware of cars coming but this time I was caught by surprise and didn't realize he was coming up behind me,