Old 12-29-14, 02:44 AM
pacificwaters

Bikes: Giant Escape 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MilesDealer
I come from a running background and your friend's marathon training looks more like how one would prepare for a 5k race. I will say that training methods should be in some way based on what you enjoy doing. Consistency is the most important factor in training and enjoying your training is more likely to keep you consistent. So personally I would try to ride a hilly 30 miles on my short days. And I would try to ride these fairly hard, particularly since I'd be interspersing rest days.
Yeah you are right about it being the beginner's training. I had just included this as an example of what I meant by just as there is a training schedule to get you through marathons (and which builds up as weeks add up), is there anything similar for long distance cycling/Brevets. Or is it that you just keep cycling and cycling?

Talking about consistency I do agree that consistent logging of cycling miles helps! But its just that I am unsure about the fact that do I just keep cycling to improving my paces?

@Carbonfiberboy ...

Thanks for that link. Honestly speaking I have still to listen/view that link but I did check out the thread and the discussions that accompanied it. These however put me in further doubt, especially the terms - EM, SS, Tempo Zone 1, 2, etc. Could you just lead me to where I can understand this lingo! Kindly consider me as at best an amateur !!