Old 12-29-14, 10:21 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by shovelhd
I'd like to see the NCC Elite fields with on bike cameras and jumbotrons on every corner. At every event.
The Harlem race with Jumbotrons was much more compelling than those without them. It was cool to see the lower cats race on it as well - you never see live stuff for a whole lap for, say, the Cat 4s. I couldn't see myself in the 3s but the Missus said it was fun to watch.

If Rock Racing did anything with all the footage they grabbed that day I don't know about it. They had (stationary) cameras at least at all the corners plus two cameras on Tyler and one camera on most of the other riders. A RR guy was going around with a bazillion black water bottles (battery packs) and cameras. Tyler carried two bottles, I think one other guy did also, most of their riders carried one bottle. It's the year the guy that won crashed after he threw his bike at the line.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson