downwinded

Bikes: 2014 Trek Crossrip LTD, 2013 Raleigh Misceo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by modernjess
good advice here so far.

But, let me get this straight, This is your back up bike and it's a hybrid right? Meaning:it's a bike you don't ride much if at all and it doesn't do anything all that well except to exist as a bicycle shaped object.

Sounds like you have the itch to get your hands greasy and you need a project bike. Start one! That or put the money into your daily rider, or save your money for the next bike. Joytech hubs? Sure, yeah, they are fine for the intended purpose...an unridden hybrid bike.
You may have something there with the project bike. Only problem is I have some home projects that I need to complete first. At this point, if I brought another bike home, especially one in a box, I'd have to change my username to something like "stub"

Actually, after dusting the bike off and putting it back on the road, I've enjoyed riding it. I'm going to ride it to work this morning. At least I plan on using it more this year than last.

There was this old Schwinn on C/L a couple of days ago. Looked like what I would call a mixte. Maybe a LeTour? I just know the dear wife would like it if I got it cleaned up and... well you know!