Old 01-02-15, 11:09 AM
Lucyvino

Bikes: 2012 Jamis Satellite 1993 Trek 750

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by uncle uncle
Is the headtube decal applied with adhesive or is it riveted on? The "badge engineered" built bikes seem to prefer a decal, as that made switching the name of the bike pretty easy, aka, just applying a new/different decal. "Badge engineered" is a term in my industry for a product where the badge is the only part the brand company produces, or even less impressive, installs (in other words, a complete product manufactured by someone else). (When I worked at Radio Hut in the 80's, most of their audio equipment was this way.) I personally am interested in this type of bike, as I believe they represent a very interesting part of the 60's-70's bike boom here in the USA, and, very little has been written or retained about them. For some people, who only want or need a bike for normal exercise or commuting, and want something out of the ordinary, and with some history (and a story) these can be just the right ticket. Dumping a large sum of money into them isn't advised, doing a a complete tune up and riding them is fun for me. I prefer to upgrade the wheels to alloy rims, because the weight advantage is a big bonus for me, ride and enjoyment wise. I can't say I've made any money doing this, but that's not goal or point, it's to enjoy myself. If you end up with the bicycle, I would be interested in a complete rundown of the parts on it, any date codes, and any manufacturer or country of origin info you can provide.
Sure I am going to look at it this evening the price is low I'm not looking to put a lot of money into it just something for fun and different. I'll post back with any more info...