View Single Post
Old 01-03-15, 03:28 PM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked 693 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by WheresWaldo
There is not as much difference in these two frames as the individual tube sizes would suggest. I see the Foil Stack height is 1 cm lower at the top of the head tube and the Reach is about 4 mm shorter than an old chart on the Six13. So it would appear to me at least, that a 56 cm Scott Foil has a slightly smaller frame than a 56 cm Six13. It is only millimeters here but it really shouldn't be an issue. I am wondering why you thought you would need a smaller stem with the Scott, was it based on the less than well informed opinion of some teen or twenty-something bike shop employee?

Instead of taking all these tube measurements individually, you should focus on Stack & Reach, which are nearly identical (within a few mm) between these two frames. Also note that the BB Drop of a Foil is less than a Six13 it's only 2 mm but that means 2 mm higher COG.
Great post thank you. Ok couple points here.
My Cannondale is actutally 55.5. That year had a ton of different sizes and among them was 55.5 and 56. Don't know if that changes anything.
Nope my decision was not based on any bike shop info. (Other than when I got into cycing the trek shop told me 58cm was my size and while it worked ok I much prefer my ~56cm frames.
I wish I understood stack and reach better but admittedly I don't. What is COG?