Old 01-03-15, 05:13 PM
Lt Stonez

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Comp Carbon Disc '14

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by woodyman4916
Got my Trek DS about a month ago. Put 400 miles on it with some hill climbs thrown in just to get my feet wet. Last week I was invited to a 45 mile "hilly" club ride by a friend who found out that I had started riding. I thought 400 miles in a month was enough that I could at least bring up the rear. WRONG!!

I went today and got dropped on the first climb. I was the only flat bar there but thought I could at least keep up with the lady old enough to be my mother. Wrong again! Everyone in the group climbed past me on the first hill. They eventually assigned a 68 year old diabetic on a 2013 Modone 5.2 to stay back with me. He had to check his blood sugar every 10 miles and would wait for me. We got back to the meetup point with just my friend and the old guy's wife left in the parking lot.

I just didn't realize how much work I have to do on my engine. Frankly, I left embarrassed.

Recovery tomorrow and Monday I hit the hills again. I may never climb as well as that old diabetic, but I am gonna try.
Well 3months has past, and just wondering If things are going better now in grup rides? Cheers mate :-)